Streaming media (Richard?)

Malte Brill malte.brill at t-online.de
Wed Apr 9 04:56:01 EDT 2003

Please excuse I forgot to mention my OS. Mac OS 9.04. Do you have an actual
Quicktimeversion installed on your Windows machine?
It should work with setting the filename of the player to
"http://yoururl.com" (without typing URL in front of it.)

Regards,

Malte

Chipp wrote:
>Richard,

>On XP and RR 1.5 and 2.0 beta

>set the filename of player 1 to "C:/test.mov"
>works fine.

>set the filename of player 1 to URL "file:C:/test.mov"
>crashes the environment.

>test.mov is a progressive mov. I would like to be able to:

>set the filename of player 1 to URL
>"http://www.altuit.com/webs/altuit/KenRay/test.mov" and have it begin to
>playback almost instantly (on a fast connection).

>but this doesn't work either. So...how do you stream video from the web to a
>RR/MC client?

Hey Chipp,

it works great in the player-app I´ve been developping. No crash, starts
instantly.
(Rev 1.1.1)

Regards,

Malte