Script editor/object browser interaction

Rodney Somerstein rodneys at io.com
Tue Apr 8 23:45:00 EDT 2003

>**********
>>  Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2003 14:17:46 -0400
>>  From: Rodney Somerstein <rodneys at io.com>
>>  Subject: Re: Script editor/object browser interaction
>>
>>  Thanks Trevor. That did the trick. Now, is there any way to keep the
>>  Object Browser and Script Editor windows from appearing on top of my
>>  stack when I first open them during development? By this, I mean
>>  their location on the screen, not preventing them from appearing at
>>  all.
>----------
>Well, they're floaters. You can drag them wherever you want. It would be
>impossible for anyone to know where and what size your app windows will be.
>I do a lot of full screen work...every other window is on top of it, at
>least until I get an auxilliary monitor set up.

I do realize that no one rule would work for everyone's system. I
suppose what I really want is for the floating windows to remember
where they were placed previously and reappear there the next time I
open the application. Most apps seem to do that these days or at
least have a preference to make it happen.

-Rodney