Beta 2.0 OSX Distribution issues, etc.

Trevor DeVore trevor at mangomultimedia.com
Mon Apr 7 13:05:01 EDT 2003

On Monday, April 7, 2003, at 12:39  PM, Alex Rice wrote:

> On Saturday, April 5, 2003, at 08:29  AM, Bob Arnold wrote:
>
>> Has anyone built an OSX application with 2.0 and encountered any of
>> these
>> problems? Any ideas how to avoid/solve them? Do I need to modify the
>> stack's
>> menus (I haven't tried that yet)?
>
> I found the distribution builder to be very buggy in this release.
> Also using OS X.
>
> I can't remember if I even got a Hello World app to build before
> giving up on it. I sent the bug reports via the menu Help | Revolution
> Support.

The Distribution Builder failed every time for me on OS X with the
beat.  There is some code in the build button which refers to a field
name that doesn't exist.  Since I wanted to test some builds I
commented out a line in the revdistributionbuilder.rev (in the tools
folder of the distribution) file.  The line is part of the "Build
Distribution" button script:

if field "OSX document file" of card 7 is not empty ...

The distribution builder will work on OS X has worked fine for me every
since.

Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia
trevor at mangomultimedia.com