unicode in 2.0

Toma Tasovac ttasovac at princeton.edu
Sun Apr 6 04:13:01 EDT 2003

On Sunday, April 6, 2003, at 01:27  AM, Ron wrote:

> so try this: set the unicodetext of fld 1 to
> uniencode(myCyrillictext,"utf")

Thanks, Ron.

set the unicodeText of fld "test" to uniEncode(URL
"binfile:Cyrillic.txt","Unicode")  -- produces no result whatsoever,
i.e. empty field, no error message.

set the unicodeText of fld "test" to URL "binfile:Cyrillic.txt" --
produces Japanese (or what looks to me like Japanese) but definitely
not Cyrillic.

In other words, I still can't get Cyrillic UTF-8 files to display
properly.  Sorry to be such a pain in the neck...

T.
Toma Tasovac
Princeton University
Department of Comparative Literature