mysql and standalones

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 5 04:07:00 EST 2003

--- revoman at nyc.rr.com wrote:
> Has anyone tried building a standalone on Win2K or
> OSX with database
> library and run into either unexpected crashes (OSX)
> or other crashes
> (Win2K)? The stack works fine with MYSQL in the dev
> environment, but as
> soon as I build a standalone, I get crashes.
>
> Tim

Hi Tim,

Which version of RUnRev and MySQL are you combining?
I ran into crashes with RR2 prebeta4 when trying to
revdb_columnbyname() from an empty cursor ; but
otherwise I just got "revdberr <something>" when
things went wrong in revdb.
Have you tried including error reporting in your
standalone?

Hope this gets you closer to fixing your problem.

Jan Schenkel.

=====