Rev stand-alone hangs on Win 98/Me

Chris Sheffield cm_sheffield at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 2 16:02:01 EST 2003

I tried that and it didn't fix the problem.  It still
takes forever for my window to display when running
from a CD.  If I copy the files to the hard drive and
run it from there it runs great.  The weird thing is
that my executable is only about 1.7 MB.  It should
not take 15-20 seconds for something of that size to
load.  We've experienced this problem on three
different computers: two running Windows 98 and one
running Me.

Just for kicks I tried creating a very simple
stand-alone with nothing but an answer dialog that
pops up in both the openStack and openCard handlers.
The .exe is about 1.5 MB.  I burned it to a disk and
ran it from there.  It still took about 7 or 8 seconds
for the window to display and the first dialog to
appear.  This should not be happening.  There was no
other content in this stack at all.

If anyone else has any other suggestions, they would
be most appreciated.

BTW, I'm using Rev 1.1.1.

Thanks,

Chris Sheffield