Icon queries

Graham Samuel livfoss at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Apr 1 04:36:01 EST 2003

On Mon, 31 Mar 2003 10:19:45 -0500 Ken Norris
<pixelbird at interisland.net> wrote:

>I see. You're talking about DT/folder icon families. Other than creating
>images with Rev's limited capabilities, I don't see any relevence to Rev at
>all for what you're talking about. As I see it, it's a Rapid Application
>Development tool, not a DT icon tool. I think you're on the right track with
>"Iconographer".

Ken, not to flog this interminably, but my real point is that since
(I fully agree) Rev IS a RAD tool, I assume every developer wants to
make it easy to get to the final result of all their efforts, which
is a standalone that behaves like any program for the chosen
platform, icons and all. That's why I'm looking for cookbook
solutions. The same sorts of issues arise in relation to associating
documents with apps, and getting apps to behave the way the OS
expects (in the Mac, this means responding to Apple Events, for
example). Many of these issues have already been discussed and solved
on the list, but I just felt that the icon one had not been covered
in a really useful way.

Graham