Button vs. Message box scripts

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Tue Apr 1 03:00:01 EST 2003

**********
> Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 04:13:50 -0800
> From: Jim Hurley <jhurley at infostations.com>
> Subject: Re: Button vs. Message box scripts

> Suppose I wanted to alter
> revRotatePoly  (or use it as a base for a new routine) so that the
> center of rotation was a point of my choosing rather then the
> graphic's loc.
----------
Well, I don't think that'd be a native thing, but here is a couple
alternatives I can think of:

1) Stretch the box that the graphic is in so that the image area is offset
from the actual loc by some dimension that will work for you.

2) Use the Animation Manager. Select it and open the Animation Manager,
click 'New', and set it to frame 1. Then rotate it manually (by message or
whatever), and move it over so that it appears to have moved around a
different axis, and apply that to whatever frame you like and test the
animation to see if it's the effect you want. Adjust it until it's right,
then put a [  revPlayAnimation "MyCrank" (or whatever)  ] handler in your
button.

HTH,
Ken N.