Can someone point me to examples of....

RGould8 at aol.com RGould8 at aol.com
Thu Sep 26 17:33:01 EDT 2002

I'm very excited about what I'm reading Revolution can do - - - I have a
project coming up that needs to do the following.  If someone can point me to
some Revolution examples of these tasks, it will make my decision a
no-brainer:

1)  The site says that you can create a Revolution application that embeds a
browser, so you could essentially create your own custom browser and
controls.  Can anyone point me to an example of this, or tell me of your
experiences doing this?  In particular, is it an IE browser with supported
plugins?  Can I do secure-transactions through this browser within
Revolution?

2)  I need to send POST and GET requests via HTTP.  Are there any examples of
this that I can see?

3)  Can I parse XML data coming in from an HTTP GET request?  That's one of
the things I need this app to do.

4)  Will I experience any problems with Mac OS 8.1 and CarbonLib issues or
Mac OS 10.0.4?  Those 2 versions of the Mac OS have given me problems in the
past when creating cross/OS products.

5)  Can I make calls out to Unix commands on Mac OS X?

Those are all the major things I can think of that would impact this project.
 If anyone could give me some pointers, I'd appreciate it.

- Rob