reNaming

mark mitchell cowhead at mac.com
Wed Sep 25 08:57:00 EDT 2002

Rob wrote:
> Take heart, Gareth,
>
> It will happen in the next official release of RunRev.

I write:
Meanwhile, you can also rename with an applescript (on macs only, of
course).  I was doing this for a long time because I didn't realize that
Rev even had a rename command.  (Someday, I'll have to sit down and read
the dictionary!)

applescript:
--uses 2 variables, zaOldName and zaNewName

  do "tell application" & quote & finder & quote & return & "set name of
item" & quote & zaOldName & quote && "to" && quote & zaNewName & quote &
return & "end tell" as appleScript

mark mitchell
Japan