It's Elementary -- Rev Keeps Crashing!

Magnus von Brömsen webmaster at studioalice.se
Tue Sep 24 01:21:00 EDT 2002

Hi Judy

Does it crash during development or then you running your app? I have
read on this list before that if you run Jaguar there is some kind of
bug with the Appearence Manager, and the solution is to preview with
Mac OS simulated (or windows or Linux).
This is Sarah's tips (Thanks Sarah!):

> Rev is not completely compatible with Jaguar's Appearance Manager. If
> you select and deselect an object multiple times, Rev will probably
> quit. If you keep hopping from object to object, you should be OK but
> save frequently! If this gets too annoying, switch to Mac OS emulated
> look & feel. This cuts out the Appearance Manager and makes Rev very
> stable under Jaguar, but not as good looking

This solution works fine for me.

/magnus