Looping Over Groups?

Jim Biancolo webmaster at listology.com
Mon Sep 23 22:12:01 EDT 2002

Hi folks,

I've run into an additional problem here, and I hope you can help . . .

I've created a group of 14 images.  As advised, I loop over them like so:

     repeat with i = 1 to the number of images in group "players_group"
       answer the name of image i
     end repeat

Works great.  When I click on the "Object --> Edit Group" menu, all 14 show
up as expected.

However, when I add another image to the card (but not to the group) and
run the same code, the new image is included in the loop (even though it's
NOT in the group), and the last image in the group is not (even though it
should be).  When I click on the "Object --> Edit Group" command my
original 14 images are there and the new image is not, which is what I'd
expect.  It's the looping behavior that is not what I'd expect.  It seems
(just guessing though) to be pulling the image at positions 1 through 14
regardless of whether or not they are in the group.  Am I doing something
wrong, or is there another approach I should be taking?

Thanks!

Jim