insertion point in a field

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Thu Sep 19 09:20:01 EDT 2002

Sylvain,

You can get the selectedChunk. If it is just a blinking insertion point it
will return a value which looks odd (something like "char 4 to 3 of field
1", but this is quite useful. You see "char 4 to 3 of field 1" means that
the insertion point is blinking between characters 3 and 4 of field 1. Why
isn't it "char 3 to 4 of field 1"? Because this would mean characters 3 and
4 have been highlighted (selected), just as  "char 3 to 3" would mean that
character 3 was highlighted. I know it looks odd, but it works...

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/