Stacks delivered via the web?

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Tue Sep 17 14:25:01 EDT 2002

> Re: Stacks delivered via the web?

How it works....

Well, I think a lot of you have already seen this site, but for those
who haven't

http://www.himalayanacademy.com/studyhall/

could be considered a fair example of  how it works. Since the initial
"stub" program is delivered (downloaded from) by the web and there are

a) no CD's shipped
b) No FTP clients required
c) no emails with attachments involved and
d) the only way to access it initially is through a web browser...

perhaps it will fit the myopic overlords criteria for  "Web Based." At
any rate a good case could be made that it is.

Note, I built this site nearly 3 ago and never had time to take it
further. But it still works and "Mystic Mouse" for kids gets lots of
hits. And the "registration" page  in the "Portal"  is broken...

hth

Himalayan Academy Publications

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami
Editor's Assistant/Production Manager
katir at hindu.org
www.HinduismToday.com, www.HimalayanAcademy.com,
www.Gurudeva.org, www.hindu.org

Read The Master Course Lesson of the Day at
http://www.gurudeva.org/lesson.shtml