Images & urls & keeping the image with no connection

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sat Sep 14 18:35:00 EDT 2002

Monte,

Found what you're looking for (I think):

-- Assumes you have an image called "myinternalimage" already existing on
the card

on mouseUp
  answer file "Pick an image:"
  if it <> "" then
      put url("binfile:" & it) into image "myinternalimage"
  end if
end mouseUp

The basic construct is:

    put <imageDescriptor> into <imageDescriptor>.

If you use "imageData", there is an expectation that the target image has
the same exact rectangle as the source image (otherwise you get garbage
colors). If you use the construct above the target image object is
automatically resized to fit the incoming image (or scaled if the
lockLocation is true).

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com