hyperLinking from text field

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto jeanne at runrev.com
Fri Sep 13 12:54:01 EDT 2002

At 10:01 AM -0700 9/13/2002, james lewes wrote:
>I must be slow, but I still cannot get it to work
>
>I tried grouping a number of graphic images and then attaching a vertoical
>scroll bar, but cannot get the scroll bar to work

Klaus left a couple of minor things out:

- For the scrollbar to work, the group has to be smaller vertically than
the collection of objects (obviously - otherwise there's nowhere to
scroll), so you need to resize the group if necessary so some of the
objects are outside the group's rectangle.

- Groups automatically resize themselves to fit their contents. If your
group has a scrollbar, however, you don't want this behavior (since the
whole point of having a scrollbar is so the group can be smaller than the
contents, and you can scroll around to see them all). You turn off the
automatic resizing by turning off the "Lock location and size" checkbox in
the Basic tab of the group's Properties palette.

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto ~ jeanne at runrev.com
http://www.runrev.com/