The age of user-translatable applications software has arrived!

Klaus Major klaus.major at metascape.org
Thu Sep 12 09:45:01 EDT 2002

Hi Troy and Rob,

> On Thursday, September 12, 2002, at 10:07  AM, Rob Cozens wrote:
>
>> You mean your web browser doesn't automatically unBinHex .hqx files
>> on downloading?  What browser are you using?  I thought all browsers
>> were BinHex compliant.
>
> I don't think browsers are compliant with any compression technology -
> at least until you install some decompression utility which registers
> itself as a helper.
>
> Of course, stuffitExpander is free for both Mac and PC, and handles
> BinHex quite nicely - and even sets itself up as a helper app for the
> browser.
>
> --
> Troy
> RPSystems, LTD
> www.rpsystems.net

if i remember well, there was once/is still an issue with possible
mac-viri inside .hqx or disgused as .hqx-files.

Therefore several mac-websites adviced to turn off this "feature"
of decompressing these files.

One might have forgotten this fact but has still set this option
in his browser...

I remember i had turned that feature off in my IE.

Regards

Klaus Major
klaus.major at metascape.org