Using Midi

james lewes jameslewes at comcast.net
Wed Sep 11 13:28:01 EDT 2002


What happens if one cannot play the midi in quicktime player

> From: Jan Schenkel <janschenkel at yahoo.com>
> Reply-To: use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
> Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 09:14:58 -0700 (PDT)
> To: use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
> Subject: Re: Using Midi
> 
> Hi James,
> 
> Heh, what I meant was: test if the midi file works in
> QT player ;-)
> If so, all you need to do is create a "QuickTime
> player" control in your stack, using the bottom right
> tool in the tool palette.
> Then, in the "Properties" window, select the "Basic"
> tab and set the name of the player control to "midi".
> Then, in the "Properties" window, select the "Player"
> tab and click on the "Browse" button next to the "File
> Path:" field.
> Locate your midi file, open the message window and
> type: 
> start player "midi"
> 
> That should get you on your way...
> 
> Best regards,
> 
> Jan Schenkel.
> 
> "As we grow older, we grow both wiser and more foolish
> at the same time."  (De Rochefoucald)
> 
> --- james lewes <jameslewes at comcast.net> wrote:
>> The Client wants it to loop as soon as the stack
>> loads. Should I import the
>> player into the stack. If that is the case how do I
>> script for the stack to
>> first open windows media player / or quicktime
>> player then tell it to play
>> the midi file as loop
>> james
>> 
>>> From: Jan Schenkel <janschenkel at yahoo.com>
>>> Reply-To: use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
>>> Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 08:43:41 -0700 (PDT)
>>> To: use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
>>> Subject: Re: Using Midi
>>> 
>>> Hi James,
>>> 
>>> Have you tried playing this midi file straight
>> from
>>> QuickTime Player or Windows Media Player?
>>> If so, try and use it via a player object.
>>> 
>>> Best regards,
>>> 
>>> Jan Schenkel.
>>> 
>>> "As we grow older, we grow both wiser and more
>> foolish
>>> at the same time."  (De Rochefoucald)
>>> 
>>> --- james lewes <jameslewes at comcast.net> wrote:
>>>> I have tried importing a midi file as an audio
>> clip
>>>> but all I get is a holy
>>>> hellish scratching. Anybody know how to make a
>> midi
>>>> file usable.
>>>> 
>>>> James
>>>> 
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>> use-revolution mailing list
>>>> use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
>>>> 
>>> 
>> 
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
>>> 
>>> 
>>> __________________________________________________
>>> Yahoo! - We Remember
>>> 9-11: A tribute to the more than 3,000 lives lost
>>> http://dir.remember.yahoo.com/tribute
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> use-revolution mailing list
>>> use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
>>> 
>> 
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
>> 
>> _______________________________________________
>> use-revolution mailing list
>> use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
>> 
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
> 
> 
> __________________________________________________
> Yahoo! - We Remember
> 9-11: A tribute to the more than 3,000 lives lost
> http://dir.remember.yahoo.com/tribute
> _______________________________________________
> use-revolution mailing list
> use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution




More information about the Use-livecode mailing list