plug-in question

Steve Messimer steve at messimercomputing.com
Wed Sep 11 11:52:01 EDT 2002

Hi,

I have created a plug-in that I only want licensed users of Rev to be able
to use. How do I keep the plug-in from being used by those who have the
StarterKit?

I have tried the following handler but it doesn't work.  When I select the
plugin in the Developer menu I get a beep then the plug-in window is opened.
Anyone have any ideas?

on preOpenStack
  set the cantAbort to true
  if not licensed() then
    Answer error "Sorry you can only use this Plug-in's powerful learning
tools  with a licensed version of Revolution Software. It will not work with
the Revolution Starterkit.  Please purchase an Educational, Business or
Professional license from Runtime Revolution Ltd. Revolution will now Quit."
    quit
  else
  end if
end preOpenStack