Long tooltips

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Mon Sep 9 11:06:01 EDT 2002

on 9/9/02 4:07 pm, sims at sims at ezpzapps.com wrote:
> Is there a way to force a  long tooltip to display it's text
> on two lines instead of one line?

A follow-up question: is there a way to control the display of tooltips?

I'd like to associate tooltips with certain runs of text in an unlocked
field - different tips for different text fragments - when the user holds
down the command/control key.  Doing this simply by manipulating the
'toolTip' property of the field has very intermittent results.  Is there
anything I can invoke to specifically throw up a tool-tip, or should I use a
custom stack to replace the tool-tip altogether?

TIA,

  Ben Rubinstein               |  Email: benr_mc at cogapp.com
  Cognitive Applications Ltd   |  Phone: +44 (0)1273-821600
  http://www.cogapp.com        |  Fax  : +44 (0)1273-728866