Where to HC bg scripts go?

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto jeanne at runrev.com
Sun Sep 8 23:32:01 EDT 2002

At 6:43 PM -0700 9/8/2002, Bruce A. Pokras wrote:
>This question seems like it should have a simple answer, but I can't
>find it in the docs. Since Rev does not have backgrounds like HC
>does, what happens to HC background scripts when you open an HC stack
>with Rev? I am converting an HC stack that has one background with a
>fairly lengthy background script to Rev. However, after opening the
>stack in Rev, I can't find the bg script anywhere.

Each HyperCard background is converted to a group, complete with its
script, and the group is automatically placed on all the cards that were
part of the background in the HC stack. So this should work "out of the
box"; the group will be placed on the card, so the card buttons should have
the group script in their message path.

You can see the group in the Application Overview (if the background didn't
have any objects, this is probably the simplest way). Flip open the arrow
next to the stack file in the list of files, then flip open the arrow next
to the stack name, then flip open the arrow next to "Groups". You should
see a list of groups, with your background. Click on it and you can edit
its script or properties using the buttons at the top of the App Overview
window.

If the buttons aren't working correctly, check all the scripts involved and
make sure there's not some slight syntax glitch that's preventing the
script from compiling in Revolution.

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto ~ jeanne at runrev.com
http://www.runrev.com/