Document folder on MacOS

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Wed Sep 4 22:46:01 EDT 2002

Can't the name be changed or something? Anyway I've now just added an option
in the preferences dialog to set the folder with a default to a folder on
the desktop on Mac and in My Documents on PC. I am still surprised it wasn't
included in the specialFolderPath function as there must be an API to get it
because there are quite a number of apps that use it to store user data.
Perhaps appleScript?