Can lineOffSet find last occurance?

Bill Vlahos bvlahos at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Sep 3 12:00:02 EDT 2002

Thanks for all of the suggestions. What I ended up doing is simply put
the data into a variable and then filtering it. This is very quick even
for a lot of data.

I did find where my performance bottleneck is. Apparently sorting by
date is considerably slower than regular sorts and I do two of them. My
data (tab delimited text log files) includes a date field and time
field.

The log files are created in chronological order so I normally wouldn't
need to sort them. However, I have added the ability to keep appending
log files together and can't assume the user will do them in
chronological order. As a result, the initial processing of the log
files takes a very long time. I'm not sure if I can improve the sort by
date performance hit.

Bill Vlahos