Database question

Tim tim11 at bellatlantic.net
Mon Sep 2 14:55:01 EDT 2002

On 9/2/02 1:28 PM, "Tuviah M Snyder" <diskot123 at juno.com> wrote:

> Try prohosting (www.prohosting.com). They offer inexpensive mysql, php,
> and webhosting. You can access the mysql database remotely from any
> system, I use it myself to test mysql access.
>
> Tuviah

Thank you Tuviah. It looks like I'll be switching my ISP for the second time
this year. Just out of curiosity, is it feasible to set up MYSQL in such a
way as to have it accessed by remote clients (like Rev) and having
permissions granted for every client (thus according to some ISP's, opening
doors to hackers), or was MYSQL designed more for being accessed locally?
I'm just trying to figure out the workflow, whether the Rev client should
access the data remotely or communicate with a local version of itself
already on the server?
--
Tim