Icons on OS X

Troy Rollins troy at rpsystems.net
Sun Sep 1 19:58:03 EDT 2002

On Sunday, September 1, 2002, at 08:43  PM, Monte Goulding wrote:

> Would it be possible to automate all this? I guess once you've done it
> once
> you can use the "copy resources from file" option in the Dist
> Builder????

Great question. I hope someone knows the answer. I should think that
once done for a project, you could indeed take that route - for THAT
project.

Yes, obviously automation of all of this would be ideal. I wish Rev had
the capacity to handle that part in the distribution builder -
assignment of an icns file, and in addition to setting creator code,
setting "child" document type. Then all this external editing of the
"finished" product wouldn't be required. Currently, it doesn't feel very
"finished". Take a look at your standalone in "get info" - all that
Version 1.1.1 stuff - huh? Gee, and we thought  our program was version
1.0.

Cause for yet another trip to the resource editor.  :-(

I'm seriously hoping that either there is a clear process for tidying
this up, or that the next version patches some of these holes for us.

--
Troy
RPSystems, LTD