Playing Audio in Windows

Barry Levine themacguy at macosx.com
Thu Oct 31 05:38:01 EST 2002

Greetings, Listas!

I am developing an app that will play audio speech. Shouldn't have a
problem playing the audio files on either Mac or Windows (according to
the RevDocs) as long as I import the AIFF or WAV into the stack (or
another stack the app is using). I envision the clips being about 60
seconds long or less (sometimes considerably less, like 10 seconds
long). I won't need to have multiple clips playing at once nor will
there be any queueing(sp?) taking place.

Is there anything I should do or look for at the get-go before I do a
load of programming and find that I had made some wrong assumptions?
I'm thinking in terms of the sound quality or format or even the
program I use to record the speech in the first place.

Thanks,
Barry