question about sockets

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Mon Oct 28 16:52:00 EST 2002

On Monday, October 28, 2002, at 03:22 PM, Björnke von Gierke wrote:

> well It seems that my testing will have to wait until after November or
> whenever 2.0 ships...
> Its exactly one of those situations where you cannot use an old version of
> a program without taking a huge step when the next version ships... If
> only software where always flawless from the beginning :(

The 1.1.1 version works OK on other platforms, so unless you are waiting
for the client-server capability in UDP, that is, the ability to send a
reply directly back to whomever sent the first datagram, then you can do
some testing now.

Also, if your messages going back are independent and you know the computer
and port beforehand, you are still OK in 1.1.1, just set it up the same as
you would the other direction.

Dar Scott