Anyone Interested in my 'Jump Scripts' Tool?

Matt Denton matt.denton at limelight.com.au
Sat Oct 19 17:13:01 EDT 2002

Hey-ya all

One of the tools I've built for my own development is called Jump
Scripts.  I use it all the time and it is perhaps the most useful
development tool I've made to date.  What does it do?  It lets you jump
immediately to any script in any stack, card or object very very
quickly.
-----------------
Here's are the features:

	Jump to any script in any open stack via the keyboard;
	Jump through the stack hierarchy via keyboard: stack>card>objects;
	Edit script or property via keyboard;
	Filter out objects (say only view buttons) via keyboard;
	Displays if a stack, card or object has a script;
	Close a stack script or property window via keyboard;
	Bring focus on 'Jump Scripts' or minimize via the keyboard;
	Hide or show Rev stacks in the list.
-----------------

Bottom line is you can navigate through to ANY script at high speed and
saves lots and lots of time.  I'm a bit of a keyboard maniac (even the
filter objects drop down menu is keyboard operated), however the
keyboard commands are very very easy to use and pickup.

Would anyone be interested in this tool?   I'll release it for free as
a service to all the kind people on the list, if there is interest.  It
is only built for OSX at the moment but I'll build and test for OS9 and
Windows if there is interest. I'd also appreciate any feedback and
testing (this will be beta 0.5).

PLEASE RESPOND if you think you'd like this tool.

I use it every moment of my script development because it saves me so
much time, I'd now like to share it if there is interest.

Let me know and if there is interest I'll post it in the next few days,
first as a locked stack, then unlocked (after I've commented the
scripts and checked code is tidy etc).

Cheers

M@
Matt Denton