image within a graphic?

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto jeanne at runrev.com
Sat Oct 19 02:46:45 EDT 2002

At 4:14 PM -0700 10/18/2002, Brad Allen wrote:
>Is there a way to place an image "inside" a graphic, similar to the
>way a button can hold an image by setting the icon property? My goal
>is to display a circular picture.

You can set a circular graphic's backgroundPattern to the ID of your image.
This will clip the image to the circular outline. (If the graphic is bigger
than the image, the image will tile.)

There are some limitations on the dimensions of images that can be used as
background patterns, depending on platform, so this may or may not work for
you - see the backgroundPattern entry in the Dictionary.

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto ~ jeanne at runrev.com
http://www.runrev.com/