1.5 (now 2.0) Cookbook

Troy Rollins troy at rpsystems.net
Fri Oct 18 14:11:01 EDT 2002

On 10/18/02 2:53 PM, "Jeanne A. E. DeVoto" <jeanne at runrev.com> wrote:

> We're still working on this and finalizing the list, but the entries will
> include things like handling selection of choices from a Text menu,
> removing comments from a script, saving a backup, centering a stack window
> on the screen, limiting the number of characters in a field, listing the
> unique words in a string, truncating text to a pixel width, and many more.

Jeanne, as you know, I've advocated a Rev cookbook for a long time. You guys
should consider a web form or something to allow folks to submit potential
cookbook topic recipes. There are simply a ton of handlers which could be
examined this way. Hopefully, the cookbook will offer cut-and-paste much
like the rest of the documentation, which would make it almost like a
library of usable behaviors at the same time as a training tool.

Just a thought.
--
Troy
RPSystems, Ltd.