Saving stuff in a standalone

David Vaughan dvk at dvkconsult.com.au
Sun Oct 13 05:09:01 EDT 2002

On Sunday, Oct 13, 2002, at 10:20 Australia/Sydney, Alan Gayne wrote:

> Hi to Ken, David, Jan, Yves and all others who responded to Tim Hart's
> questions regarding the techniques for saving data generated out of
> standalone apps built in RunRev.

snip

Alan

Troy and Ken seem to me to have given good answers to your questions so
I have little to add at the moment. Like Ken, I have used HC since 1.0
and still have one major app I have yet to transfer. However, I know
now that it will be very different when I rewrite it in Rev because I
am better adapted to Rev's paradigm. As Troy suggested and you seem to
have absorbed, one of the early tasks is to shift gears on what an app
constitutes in the different environments.

On one other matter, since you mentioned me by name in one piece of
advice, I must offer a small mea culpa: one person's "considerable
guidance" may be another person's "would you mind not assuming I know
the answer before I read it?" The section to which I referred plus that
on Objects and Messages does cover these issues but perhaps more as an
introduction to experiments to understand than as a complete guidance.
Still, this thread and the list archives do cover these issues and
there are many here who will follow Ken and Troy in offering further
assistance when you need it. Hope your conversions go well for you.

regards
David