big pb with standAlone & MySQL

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 13 02:22:01 EDT 2002

--- Sylvain_Le_Gourriérec
<sylvain.legourrierec at son-video.com> wrote:
> hello,
>
> I really need help.
>
> I develop a backoffice. Not a very difficult thing
> but I have to be very care about the relationships
> between the standAlone revolution app & MySQL.
>
> Into the development environment, no pb. So, I build
> the distribution.
>
> It arrived that I got a "revdberr, restricted under
> current license" !
>
> So I decided to write my script again :((
>
> I have no more error message but only 20 rows are
> retrieved!
>
> Of course I have a license.
>

> What can I do? I waste a lot of time with that...
>
> thanks

Bonjour Sylvain,

Unfortunately the RevDB library sometimes returns that
error when it's not really applicable.
For example, 'revdb_querylist' will return it if you
don't include two empty parameters at the front
{unlike what the Transcript Dictionary shows as
example code).

So it could be that you're bumping into certain syntax
sensitivities that don't show up in the IDE (I've been
bitten by that one in the past in FoxPro).
Can you pinpoint where in the code it happens? Have
you sprinkled "answer <whatever>" constructions at
strategic spots in your handlers?
It's hard to help you if we don't know the exact
circumstances.

I'm confident we can pull you through.

Jan Schenkel.

=====