OT: REALbasic vs. Revolution

Heather Williams heather at runrev.com
Sat Oct 12 04:21:01 EDT 2002

> Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 23:47:40 -0400
> Subject: Re: OT Re: REALbasic vs. Revolution
> From: Troy Rollins <troy at rpsystems.net>
> To: <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
>
> On 10/11/02 11:01 PM, "Chipp Walters" <chipp at chipp.com> wrote:
>
>> how about libURL? Talk about 'real new capabiities'!
>> In fact there are a number of revolution 'stacks' that are scripted
>> completely with transcript which are *very* powerful tools. I myself have
>> built an asynchronous http file transfer utility file upload (RFC1867
>> compatible) completely within RunRev which works very well. I believe there
>> are a number of very interesting possiblilities for plugins which can be
>> developed wholly inside RunRev.
>
> OK. Whatever. I give up.
>
> This is my last post on the topic. Maybe at all here.
> --
> Troy

At the risk of prolonging this thread, I really wanted to chip (oh, sorry
Chipp ;-) in here. Troy, I hope you're not going to withdraw your valuable
contributions :-). I for one have been reading this exchange with very great
interest, and I'm sure other members of the team have as well. It's vital
for us to know everyone's hopes and dreams for Rev, as well as the more
practical visions of our power users. I don't consider it off topic at all,
though others may differ :-) I'd agree it's played out now, I think everyone
has said what they wanted to, but I hope you'll all go back to programming
in a positive frame of mind from this exchange, perhaps with some new ideas
and inspirations, rather than on an exasperated note.

On a more list mom note, guys (and gals) a reminder please, to never, ever,
post your unlock codes to the list :(. A most unfortunate accident. Oh, and
please, do turn off your html renderings before posting. Plain text only
please when posting to the list.

Warm regards,

Heather
--