REALbasic vs. Revolution

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Oct 11 19:32:01 EDT 2002

Rob Cozens wrote:

>>> How rich is the framework provided? The vendor can only supply so much
>>> functionality. After that, you're going to want a rich set of third-party
>>> plug-ins to choose from. Which environment provides this?
>
> As a publisher of commercial software, I prefer to create my own
> tools to avoid royalty or copyright issues.

The question itself raises more questions:

- Exactly what's missing from the language that's critical enough to make
this relevant?

- What's wrong with the language such that a completely separate API in
needed for plugins?

I Rev/MC we can trade groups and other native objects without needing to
treat them as second-class citizens.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation