How real is the embedded web-page technique?

Gary Rathbone gary.rathbone at btclick.com
Fri Oct 11 15:44:01 EDT 2002

Jim,

>Clicking on a message in the "subjects" pane and having
>it fire up an external browser would be too kludgey, IMO.

Personally, as long as it did what I wanted it to do, however complex, then
I wouldn't really mind if it involved a number of integrated seemless apps.

>But maybe this is a Windows bias . . . I'm a bit more used to having my
>apps self-contained. Those few times I've had the opportunity to work on
>Macs I've found it disconcerting to have the menu floating off detached
>from the working area of its application.

So that fact that the functional units are contained within a single
window/frame/pane gives the comforting perception/illusion of an integration
application ?

>Windows-conditioning aside, I
>stand by my wish:  I'd love to see a cross-platform control in RR that can
>render any well-formed HTML thrown at it.

Must admit, it would be nice ;-)

Regards

Gary Rathbone BSc MBCS
Chartered Information Systems Practitioner