Web Browser/Server Technique (was How real is the embedded web-page technique?)

Gary Rathbone gary.rathbone at btclick.com
Fri Oct 11 11:38:01 EDT 2002

I may be way off the mark here, but would a process as below help ?

I've used Rev as a Browser/Net go between to screen 'unsuitable' sites.
i) Use Rev as a local web server application on say port 8181
ii) Rev launches a local page on your browser say index.html:8181
iii) Any links on this page could be directed to http://127.0.0.1:8181
(I beleive 127.0.0.1 is always the local machine)
iv) This is then trapped by your local 'Rev Web Server' for processing
v) Rev can act on this, send and receive info to/from the web, alter it and
pass it to the local web browser.

In brief       (browser -> revserv) -> web
               web -> (revserv -> browser)

Have I explained this well enough ?

Regards

Gary Rathbone

>In a message dated 10/10/02 10:20:32 PM, ambassador at fourthworld.com writes:

>What are the advantages of putting a browser inside on your app's window?
>What sort of apps are you folks making?

>Well, I can speak for the app that I'm trying to make - - - a DSL Router
configuration tool...