How real is the embedded web-page technique?

Jim Biancolo webmaster at listology.com
Fri Oct 11 09:25:00 EDT 2002

At 07:19 PM 10/10/2002 -0700, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>What are the advantages of putting a browser inside on your app's window?
>What sort of apps are you folks making?

Hi Richard,

Specifically, I was thinking about building a news aggregator in RR, and a
true browser control would be very helpful for that.

Generally, I tend to find the "browser as helper app" approach kinda
jarring.  I either like my apps to reside entirely within the browser or
entirely within the desktop app.  Kinda like HTML in e-mail (whose merits
are dubious, I'll admit) - I'd find it very annoying to have my e-mail
client fire up a separate browser window every time somebody sent me an
HTML-formatted message.  That's just my personal preference though.

Jim