Saving stuff in a standalone

David Vaughan dvk at dvkconsult.com.au
Thu Oct 10 04:39:00 EDT 2002

On Thursday, Oct 10, 2002, at 06:31 Australia/Sydney, Timothy Hart
wrote:

> use-revolution at lists.runrev.com writes:
>> Tim,
>>
>> Unfortunately you can't save data back into a standalone, but there
>> are a
>> number of other options available:
>>
>> 1) Store your data in a stack that is opened/referenced from the
>> standalone.
>> Although the standalone itself can't be modified, the stack on disk
>> can.
> I don't think I can do this one since I want the person using my
> program to not have to have Rev open.

Tim

The user does not need to have the development environment open. Your
app will still open stacks which it references.

>> 2) Store your data in a text file that you read and write to.
> How do I do this?

For this, and also on using data stacks, look under Help for Revolution
Documentation then in the Road Map choose Development Guide, then Files
Folders and Resources, and there you will find considerable guidance on
the issues about which you ask. By offering you this tour, I hope also
to familiarise you more with the documentation itself, which will
assist you in the future.

Regardless, please come back to me if the reference I gave you is not
clear enough, or any time you have a question on any topic.

regards
David