Wouldn't a forum be a far better idea?

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Wed Oct 9 23:39:00 EDT 2002

On Wednesday, October 9, 2002, at 10:00  PM, Jerry Thomas wrote:
> What do people think about moving this user group over into the
> existing forum?   Any Comments or suggestions?

I definitely vote for a mailing list instead of web forum. The runrev
list fits right alongside the other 20 or so mailing lists I try to
keep up with. In fact the runrev list is only about 10 to 20 messages
per day... That really a pretty low volume for a mailing list.

My mail client (Apple Mail.app) can sort by Subject, Sender, Date and
does keyword searches. Most web forum software cannot do that. Some
mail clients can do subject threading too.

I have always found web based forums to be a pain in the butt to use,
slow, poor user interfaces. However, I do like forums when one can
start one's own topic at a relatively high level. But that feature
always gets misused and then it requires a moderator.

How about a Wiki? Probably there is one already?

Alex Rice, Software Developer
alrice at swcp.com
alex_rice at arc.to