Shades of Color

Sarah sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Wed Oct 9 16:59:01 EDT 2002

Convert the RGB values to HSV, then change S & V to alter the color
characteristics while staying with the same hue. Then convert back to
RGB to use it. If you want functions to do these conversions, let me
know, but they are also available as part of Monte Goulding's
ScriptLibrary (I forget the link but I think you can get to it through
the User Contributions).

Sarah