Creating Icons on the Fly

Dan Friedman dan at clearvisiontech.com
Mon Oct 7 16:41:01 EDT 2002

Fellow RR users,

I want to display some icons on the screen and the user will define the text
and backgroundColor of the icons.  The text of these icons will be vertical.
I can create the icons using the import snapshot command then rotating the
image 90°.  (You have to fiddle with it because the rotate distorts the
image - but I've got it looking great!)

The problem is when the standalone opens, and I create the icons (and do the
rotate) it looks pretty ugly on screen -- all the flashing of the import
snapshot command and rotation.  Since the import snapshot command takes an
actual screen shoot, locking the screen or setting the stack off screen are
not viable options.

Anyone know (or can think of) a workaround?

Thank you in advance.

-Dan