Revolution Book Project

Alan Golub ASGolub at dkhglaw.com
Mon Oct 7 12:23:01 EDT 2002

Hi all--

I've posted a draft Introduction section for the Revolution book. Here's the
link:

http://progrevolution.blogspot.com/

Hopefully, this draft will give readers the feel and flavor of the book.
Please check it out -- feedback is encouraged!

Since first announcing the project, I've received quite a few e-mails from
folks who have expressed interest and checked out the weblog. I'm happy to
note that everyone I've heard from is quite excited about the project, and
eager for details, i.e., publication date, publisher, etc. Suffice it to say
that no such details are yet worked out. From my prior experience in the
tech book market, it's best to have as much written as possible before
approaching publishers -- publishers demand such quick turn-around times
(based on the fact that software versions quickly and frequently change
between the signing of a book contract and actual publication) that it's
best to have a good head-start before you commit to real deadlines. My
preference, however, is to base the book on version 2 or later, with
publication sometime next early-Fall. A long way off, but necessary and
desirable to make it something to be proud of.

Anyway, I'll continue to work as fast and often as I can. Thanks for your
interest!

Regards,
Alan S. Golub