Creating a folder on FTP Server

Dave Cragg dcragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Sun Oct 6 04:44:01 EDT 2002

At 12:16 pm -0400 5/10/02, Mac Dude wrote:
>Knowing nothing about FTP, what command do I send with the new
>LibURL internet library to create a new folder on an FTP server?
>I'm assuming that there's no built in Transcript way to do this,
>right?  Thanks!

The ftp command for this is "MKD" followed by the name of the directory.

However, if you want to avoid using ftp commands directly, a
workaround is to create a small file using "put .... into url ...".
This will create any directories that don't currently exist in the
path to the file. Then you can delete the file if necessary.

Cheers
Dave