Where to Put a Send Handler?

Gardner, Joseph A joe.gardner at nwa.com
Thu Oct 3 22:57:01 EDT 2002

Hello again, folks. I'm trying to write a simple handler to send a mouseUp message to a button every 60 seconds. I've read the docs on send vs. idle and believe I have the syntax correct:

on updateFiles
  send "mouseUp" to button "GetFiles"
  send "updateFiles" to me in 60 seconds
end updateFiles

I got this structure from the docs. But where does it go? In the stack script? In the card script? In the "GetFiles" button script? I've tried all three, but the mouseUp never gets sent to the button automatically. Entering the send in the Message Box works perfectly, of course. Any suggestions on where to put a repeating timed handler for best results?

TIA...

joe.