Weird Output from revPrintField

Howard Bornstein bornstein at designeq.com
Thu Oct 3 14:00:07 EDT 2002

Hi Joe,

I ran into exactly this problem and it appeared on various different
versions of Windows (but not always). I reported it to RunRev but they
never responded about it. I unfortunately had to release a commercial app
with this bug in it.

As best as I can tell, it may be related to old print drivers on the
target machine. If you have control over this, try updating to the latest
print driver for your printer and see if that fixes the problem (I'd be
very interested if this is so).

>And yes, I've also tried inserting the old revShowPrintDialog command in
>front of the revPrintField command, but that never does anything even with
>both options set to true.

Yes, this appears to be another print bug. If you use revShowPrintDialog
true,true in any version of Windows before a revPrintField command (at
least this has been my experience), the print dialog box is never shown.
It just spools to the printer and prints.

We need to get RunRev to fix this. It's embarassing to release products
with these kind of bugs.

Howard Bornstein