Where is the Speak command?

Sarah sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Wed Oct 2 21:30:01 EDT 2002

Or use AppleScript that works in OS 9 or OS X. Here is a handler to
make it easy:

on doSpeech theSpeech
   put "Victoria" into theVoice
   -- look in the Voices folder for a list of possibilities

   do "say " & quote & theSpeech & quote & " using " & quote & \
       theVoice & quote as AppleScript
end doSpeech

You use it with a statement like:
	doSpeech field "text to say"