Anyone know how to set to use DHCP with Revolution?

Gary Rathbone gary.rathbone at btclick.com
Wed Oct 2 16:49:01 EDT 2002

I've done something similar for a (how should I put this) 'techically challenged' client.
They had Apple iBooks and wanted to access the internet from three different locations
i) at home through their airport
ii) in a UK hotel through a UK ISP
iii) in a USA hotel

Normally one would use 'Location Manager'. However they seemed to have difficulty with this. So I took the laptops and generated each scenario, copying the relevant preference files to a separate directory.

Then, I wrote a small Rev app (with BIG buttons) which said "Where are you ?" and gave the three choices. Based on this, the relevant pref files were copied into the correct places and the iBook restarted.

Maybe a similar approach would work for you, but be *very* careful you don't overwrite user settings. I've found they can get *very* upset.

Gary Rathbone BSc MBCS
Chartered Information Systems Practitioner