combining cards from stacks

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Fri Nov 29 13:29:00 EST 2002

Bernard,

You have stumbled upon an interesting (and potentially useful) command in
Rev. The idea was that if you wanted to have a single window that could
display the contents of multiple stacks, you could open a stack "in" the
window of another stack. This would mean there would be no need to redraw
the window frame; just the contents of the window would change to reflect
that in the new stack. This is different than opening one stack with the
same rectangle on top of another stack (which would cause Rev to redraw the
entire region and it would appear to "blink" as the new stack opened).

Although this may not be documented in Rev, it *is* documented in MetaCard
under the "go" command with the syntax:

Where the description states:

    The <wid> parameter can be either the name or the
    windowID of a stack that the new stack should
    open into instead of opening a new window.

Hope this helps clear things up,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com