MAC address

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Wed Nov 27 21:54:01 EST 2002

> Anyway just ifconfig en0 seems to work fine and there seems to be no
> dependancy on superuser access. Now are ifconfig and ipconfig guaranteed
> be installed?

Well, 'ifconfig' should be installed as it is part of the TCP/IP
configuration for OS X. It's my understanding that 'ipconfig' is installed
by default in Win98 Second Edition and above. However for Win 95 and the
first edition of Win98, you can include the 'ipconfig.exe' application in
your distribution and run it from a CD, or the equivalent, to get the info
you need. I don't know about the licensing situation from Microsoft (I'd bet
there isn't one since you can download it for free), but if you don't need
to address Win95 or Win98 first edition, you should be safe.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/