General Lists vs Special Lists

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Wed Nov 27 12:14:02 EST 2002

"Understanding is the booby prize": A lesson relearned...hopefully for good:

You were all kind enough to leave the chastising of me to me and let
the matter drop; however I found my remarks so out of my idea of my
character that I had to keep searching for some lesson or meaning.

I recalled an incident on the HyperCard mailing List over four years
ago, and immediately felt the same feeling of apologetic
embarrassment.  The person I found it necessary to grovel before
publicly at that time had committed the sin of having their message
in my eMail queue just after one of the last messages posted to the
List by a new member who WAS unrepentingly & continually
confrontational, just before he was removed from the list.

I recall writing "I had just worked up a head of steam replying to
..., and I should have taken a deep breath and counted to 10 before
responding to you."

I thought that lesson would last me a lifetime; but obviously I
needed a reminder.  Sorry it came at Erik & miscdas' expense;
hopefully it may save some of you the need to learn this by
experience.
--

Rob